Stewart’s Bistro is one of those places you wish you lived next to. If I could buy a house right next to them, life would be VERY good. Extremely jealous of those that are retired and get to spend most of their mornings there, which is a good bit of folks.
Stewart’s Bistro is hands down the best coffee shop I have been into yet, for a couple of really reasons-
1. The couple that owns this gem is very community oriented. They have really big hearts, so when you come in there is no doubt you will feel extremely welcomed. They want to know everyone by their first name and make sure they are welcomed to stay for hours. To make guests feel welcome they have free printing (unheard of) and board games. She also wants to host fundraisers for the community! She recently hosted her first one that was supporting someone who had recently been diagnosed with cancer.
(The owners. Leanne Stewart and husband)
2. They have both the best coffee AND food. This is how the idea of Stewart’s Bistro even came about. It is really hard to find a place that serves both great food and even better coffee. They would go on weekend dates in search of this combination and didn’t have much luck.
3. Their coffee is local (purchased from a local roaster/Carrboro Coffee Roasters).
4. They have the friendliest crew and you will always find one of the owners in the store, which I don’t feel like is too common.
5. Their motto is “Coffee and Friends Make the Perfect Blend!”
Ok now back to the food and coffee. After you look at these pictures, you will probably start planning your first trip, and if you don’t you are crazy.
Pictured below is one of their mixed coffee drinks. Taste like a reese’s peanut butter cup. Yum yum yum!
(This is Ethan, you can find him making some awesome latte art)
Here comes the food.
Shrimp & Grits
Three thick slices of Texas Toast, soaked in an egg/cinnamon batter and grilled to a golden brown. To finish it off, powdered sugar
Homemade Biscuit Sandwich-
House Salad with Mushrooms, Bacon, Ham, and Hard Boiled Eggs
Stewart’s Signature Sandwich-
Premium Ham, Salami, and thick sliced Bacon along with Provolone Cheese, pickles and a little bit of mustard
Create your own Omelet. Comes with Cheddar Cheese and you choose any other three ingredients (Choice of Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Green Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Tomatoes)
I know what you’re thinking, and yes these items are always on their menu. So many options to try; I love their variety. There is definitely something on the their menu for everyone.
Visiting Stewart’s Bistro made for a great day. What I love about this place is that they really know what they’re doing when it comes to food. Everything I got to try was more than delicious. There isn’t anything I tried that I wouldn’t order again. But I have to say, I was completely blind sided by their “Stewart’s Signature Sandwich”. This was by far my favorite! I couldn’t stop munching on it. If you are a sandwich and fries person (especially if you like pickles) this one is for you!
All in all, I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone, but especially for those that love a good breakfast. A great way to get your morning started. Smiles, great coffee and great food included.
I hope you give them a try soon!